blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I thought I would make a page about a different aspect of homeschooling each month. Last month I did an example of some of the Social Studies projects. I have had some questions and thought I would clarify that they were not my ideas! I have a book called The Story of the World that comes with an activity guide. The activities are usually pretty simple to put together and don't require a whole lot of effort on my part as long as I keep organized.
We are part of a co-op that meets once a week. It is so much fun to network with other homeschoolers and just have something different to do each week. At first I was really reluctant to join and now I am so glad I did. I innately like to stay at home and so it takes a lot to get me out of the house- it has to be worth it. I was also not looking forward to the gas and parking costs. In this case, the benefits far outweigh the costs. Tyson and McKay both love it and I have enjoyed meeting some other "homeschooling moms."
Credits: C Stephens "Spontaneous Delight" free Kit from www.shabbyprincess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment