blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Longwood Gardens
Tyson had a day off from school so I took the kids to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. Even in the late autumn when all the flowers were not in full bloom, it was a beautiful place. The kids loved the beauty. It set us up for a great family night lesson about the beauty of the earth. When we went into one of the buildings that was very fragrant, Cutler said, "It smells yummy in here!"

Of course they loved all the water and fountains. Especially in the children's garden where they were allowed to play with the fountains. They got soaked and I was glad I had looked at the website and heeded the warning to bring an extra shirt.

Cutler especially enjoyed racing this fountain down and back up and down and back up, again and again and again. If you listen closely you can hear his "yee-haw" when he turns around to go back up. (You have to click on it twice to get it to work)

They also loved the Lily pads and fishies. They all want to go back to see it again. There were lights on all the trees and they want to see all the lights on. So there will be more postings later of Longwood Gardens!

Cutler wanted to jump on the Giant Lilly Pads. I had to explain that he was a little heavier than a frog and I wouldn't want him to sink. I could just see his imagination going about how he would like to jump across the whole pond on Lily pads.

McKay really wanted out of his stroller so that he could get at these fishies. They would come right to the top of the water and put their mouths out like they wanted something to eat.

3 comments:

  1. That place looks like so much fun. It looks like you will be going back many times. And Cutler's "yee-haw" and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How fun is that! What a perfect place for boys. I am jealous. Your family is growing up so fast and they all look so cute. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hope your Thanksgiving was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad we never made it out there! There are a lot of places that I wanted to see that I never got around to seeing when we were there. I do miss having so many cool places so close by. There were a ton of things to see within a days drive! Now it's a days drive just to get out of Texas!! It looks like your boys loved it - I love how Cutler had fun racing the fountain. I'm sure that would've been William's favorite part. We miss you too - I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete