blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

AUGUST

If I doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger.
-Terry Walker (Diana's Brother)
This quote has become famous in our household. My brother Terry is an avid bike rider and he would always say it to show why he would do some of the crazy things he did. As we encourage our kids to branch out and try new things and while we are out on bike rides we always tell them this. They have come to know what this means and try their best when it comes to doing new things.
Cutler has been ready all Summer to stop using training wheels. Whenever I ask if I can take them off he would say, "Not today. We will do it tomorrow." Then when tomorrow came he would say the same thing. Finally, I decided he was going to have to face his fear. We had a Family Night on Determination and then went outside and took his training wheels off. He was reluctant but decided to show determination and after several tries he took off and could not believe how fast he could go without training wheels. He learned that it didn't kill him- it made him a better rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment