October-December
By Small and Simple Things. Has it really been three months? Where has the time gone? Every year, especially at Christmas time I find myself realizing how fleeting time really is. Observing my kids throughout the last month, I have realized that they know how to enjoy small and simple things. I remember chasing dust around the sunny areas of the kitchen trying to catch some in my hands. I remember standing against the dryer and feeling it vibrate and listening to the vibrations in my voice as I would monotone, "aaaahhhhh". I remember not paying any attention to the rush and crowds in the mall because I was more concerned about not stepping on any cracks on the floor. I have realized that all these small and simple things are still around me and I rush on past. I need to become more like my kids and not the other way around!!! Just enjoy each day.
Here is a brief synopsis of what has been going on:
Milestones of Brayden- he has continued to be a pure joy in each of our lives. We have loved watching him enjoy life as he takes on sitting up, scooting across the floor, and finally getting to eat food. Although he is not happy with the food. Somehow he knows the stuff we are eating is not what he is eating. He is determined to find a way to get the better stuff.
Halloween- Halloween fell on a Sunday this year so we brainstormed some ideas of things we would like to do on Saturday instead and put them all together into a scavenger hunt.enjoyed doing activities other than trick or treating. It wasn't quite the same as trick or treating, but we sure had fun and the kids have declared that they want to do it every year even when Halloween is not on Sunday.
Interviewing- Matt and I flew to Las Vegas with Brayden in November for an interview. Although we did not take the job, it was a fun trip. My parents drove down to meet us there which made it even more fun. The job search is still on and is the biggest drain on my time right now.
History- We live in a Historical Crossroads. Every direction we take is a path to history. Not knowing how much longer we will be here has re-juvenated my desire to visit some of the sites. We went to Valley Forge in November and to a re-enactment of George Washington crossing the Delaware River on Christmas Day.
Christmas and New Years Eve- The best part of the holiday this year was that Matt had 3 days off for Christmas and 4 for New Years. We really enjoyed some great family time.
















No comments:
Post a Comment